The Potomac Highlands Watershed School
|SCE Forum Worksheets|
Stream Cleaner Environmental Forum Worksheets
#1. Welcome & Introduction
1. According to Jeffrey Lape, Director of the Chesapeake Bay Program, how many people live in the Chesapeake Bay watershed? Circle the correct answer:
a. More than 21 million
b. Over 16 million
c. About 11 million
d. Less than 10 million
2. According to Jeffrey Lape, the solution to the Bay’s problems requires finding. . . Circle the correct answer:
a. The group with the right answer
b. Scientific developments that solve the problems
c. A way to make conflicting groups agree on a workable solution.
d. The missing link in the ecosystem cycle
3. What is a stakeholder? Circle the correct answer:
a. A technical term scientists use to describe a container that hold chemical samples.
b. A place maker scientist use to geographically identify a point of pollution for follow up study.
c. A person or group with a legitimate interest in an issue.
d. A survey point marking a legal boundary.
4. Which of the following groups are stakeholders in the health of the Chesapeake Bay?
Circle the correct answer
a. Boaters f. Municipal leaders
b. Farmers g. Elected Officials
c. Fishermen h. All of the above
d. Fish i. None of the above
5. Point of View Papers are written by… (Circle the correct answer)
a. Individual students
b. Groups of students role-playing as Stakeholders
c. The teacher
d. Are contained in the background reading
6. Thoughtful Questions are… (Circle the correct answer)
a. Written before the Point Of View papers
b. Are answered by the Native Guides
c. A way for Stakeholder Groups to discuss Point Of View papers
d. Answered by the teacher
7. In regards to solving problems, what does consensus mean? Circle the correct answer
a. The key point of difference between diverse group’s positions
b. A list of grievances
c. General agreement among members of a group
d. Absolute agreement among members of a group
8. There is a good chance that the Chesapeake Bay’s problems will solve themselves.
Circle the correct answer: True False